Boulder can trace its roots to the late 1850s when a group of prospectors camped on what was at the time Arapaho territory. After some initial resistance the Arapaho Chief Niwot finally allowed the prospectors to stay, but warned them that the area was so beautiful they would not want to leave. How right he was. Shortly after the establishment of this early camp gold was discovered in what is now NW Boulder and within just a few months the area was being divided into more than 4,000 lots that were offered for sale at $1,000 each. In 1861 Congress established the Colorado Territory and 10 years later the town of Boulder itself was incorporated.
While the prospectors didn’t last very long the town of Boulder has experienced steady, controlled growth since those early days. Today, it is considered a model of responsible expansion as multiple city initiatives have focused on preserving green space, protecting the watershed and limiting the height of new buildings so that they don’t interfere with the stunning vistas. All of these efforts and more have resulted in Boulder regularly appearing on lists of the best places to live in the US.
The Boulder area climate covers the entire spectrum from sizzling heat to arctic cold and everything in between. It’s the kind of weather that’s hard on virtually every aspect of a home from the siding to the roof as well as interior elements like the carpets and the air ducts. Snow, slush, mud and dust regularly find their way into local homes. While springtime brings not only an explosion of natural beauty but the allergens that come with it, which find their way into the air ducts of homes from Flagstaff Rd to 63rd St.
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Keeping your carpets clean is always a common sense thing to do. But it’s even more important in a place like Boulder where nature is such a huge part of everyday life. Carpets are known for being catch-alls for environmental contaminants. In places like Boulder that includes a higher-than-average concentration of tiny airborne bugs, pollen and other allergens. And let’s not forget the infamous dust storms that sometimes sweep across the plains. Having the experts from Steve’s clean your carpets on a regular basis will ensure:
- Your carpets retain their integrity.
- The fibers aren’t compromised by gritty dust particles.
- Microscopic insects aren’t able to set up shop in your carpets.
- Your family won’t be exposed to nasty allergens.
Having your carpets cleaned also helps to maintain high indoor air quality. Believe it or not in a place like Boulder the outdoor air can actually be cleaner than the air inside your house. This is especially true if you don’t keep the carpets and air ducts clean. Maintaining a healthy indoor environment is in the best interest of you, your family members, your guests and even your pets.
We’ve mentioned duct cleaning earlier and for good reason. Just as airborne contaminants can take up residence in your carpets, they are also extremely opportunistic when it comes to settling down in your air ducts. Once that happens countless bacterial spores wind up being circulated throughout the house, coming to rest on the carpets, furniture and dishes. But that’s not the worst of it. You, along with anyone else in the house, winds up inhaling these harmful microbes. If you think that’s not a big deal remember that most allergies originate in the home. Therefore, keeping your house allergen-free will radically improve the health of your domestic environment. And that benefits everyone in both the short and long-term.
At Steve’s Carpet Care we’ve spent decades helping homeowners from Boulder to Denver and all places in between keep their homes clean and healthy while maintaining and even enhancing their value in the process. To do this we offer a range of services beyond carpet and duct cleaning. Those services include:
- Dryer vent cleaning - Cleaning out the lint trap on the dryer is simply not enough to ensure your dryer works at peak efficiency and that accumulated lint does not become a fire hazard. Fire hazard? That’s right. Every year nearly 15,000 US home fires are traced to clogged dryer vents. That’s an incredible number. But the fact is nearly all those fires could be prevented if people took care to have their dryer vents cleaned on a regular basis. And if the fire hazard isn’t enough to convince you to have your dryer vent cleaned consider that a vent clogged with lint will cause your dryer to work far less effectively and therefore cost you money.
- Furniture and upholstery steam cleaning - Carpets and air ducts are favorite hiding places of allergens, dust mites, pet dander and other contaminants. But there is one other place where these pollutants love to set up shop: your upholstery. Most fabric-based upholstery provides an ideal environment for microbes to hide. If you don’t have your upholstery cleaned on a regular basis you’re joining millions of microbes on the sofa every time you sit down. Yuck!
- Water damage repair - The 2013 floods in the Boulder area caused untold damage to homes and businesses and upended countless lives. It took months for many parts of the area to recover and some homes never did. That terrible situation brought into focus how important flood mitigation work can be around the home. All of us at Steve’s sincerely hope we never have a repeat of 2013. But the fact is, minor flooding is not an uncommon experience in the area. As such we’re prepared to help with a range of flood-related services such as cleaning furniture and flooring damaged by flood waters and more.
Why Choose Steve’s Carpet Care?
We’ve been in business for more than 40 years and in that time we’ve earned the trust of homeowners throughout North-Central Colorado. They know that when they call Steve’s they’re getting the area’s most experienced carpet care experts. They also know that we bring the same level of expertise and dedication to all the other related services we provide. When you choose Steve’s Carpet Care you get:
- Prompt, reliable service.
- Affordable, transparent pricing.
- High quality results every time.
- Courteous, friendly technicians.
- Outstanding customer service.
You can take a chance on fly-by-night operations with no address and no references, or you can call Steves’ and make sure that the biggest single investment you ever make (that would be your home) is in good hands from the moment we arrive on the scene.
A Higher Level of Customer Care
We’re part of the fabric of the Boulder community. We live here, own homes here and our kids go to school here. We’re invested in the well-being of the people who live here and we approach our work as though our reputation depended on it. Because it does. We understand that customer service begins the moment we answer your first phone call and doesn’t stop just because the work is done and the truck has returned to the shop. True high-quality work is hard to come by these days. But not when you call Steve’s Carpet Care in Boulder at (303) 530-4900.