The World Health Organization has officially deemed the outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19, an international pandemic. The highly contagious virus has tragically claimed the lives of more than 800 Americans and nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide - and both numbers are quickly rising. To slow the rapid spread of COVID-19, communities around the world have taken various approaches to limit person-to-person contact, including social distancing, widespread closures, shelter-in-place orders and even full-blown mandatory quarantines. While the virus unduly affects elderly and immunocompromised individuals, even those who are lower-risk and symptom-free have taken major steps to minimize their likelihood of contracting the virus or unknowingly spreading it to others.
Steve’s Carpet Care is devoted to reducing the spread of coronavirus. Our professional cleaning services can help to eliminate contaminants from your home’s surfaces, floors, upholstery and air-ducts to minimize your family’s risk of contracting COVID-19. Read more to learn why our methods are the most effective choice for disinfecting and sanitizing your home.
Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Sanitizing – How Do They Differ?
While cleaning can help to remove germs, it’s essential to understand that it does not eliminate viruses, bacteria, or fungi otherwise known as “germs.” Cleaning generally involves the use of water, cleaning products and scrubbing to rid surfaces of dirt and debris. While this can remove visible contaminants from the items and surfaces in your home, unseen toxins will remain without more thorough methods of removal. However, cleaning can be an effective precursor to sanitizing and disinfecting to increase their effectiveness.
Steve’s Carpet Care uses the following three elements in our standard deep-cleaning process:
- Wet Sprays - With the use of wet sprays, our cleaning technicians can coat entire surfaces in disinfectants and sanitizing solutions.
- Surface Wiping - After spraying disinfectant solutions and allowing them to try for approximately ten minutes, our technicians proceed by wiping surfaces clean. Allowing wet sprays to remain on surfaces ensures that they’re able to saturate your surfaces, ensuring a deeper and more effective clean.
- Fogging - For most effective results, our technicians finalize the cleaning process by fogging areas of your home which may contain unwanted contaminants. This helps clean even the deepest crevices of your home’s interior, so you can rest assured that your home is truly, thoroughly clean. Steve’s uses non-toxic, environmentally friendly cleaning agents to protect your lungs and the environment from exposure to unwanted elements.
Can Deep-Cleaning Help To Prevent COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control has emphasized that a clean, disinfected, and sanitized home can help to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In fact, a recent statement by the C.D.C. explicitly recommends the use of “cleaning and disinfection in homes and facilities.”
Does Deep-Cleaning Require Professionals?
Thankfully, you can clean surface-level contaminants in your home without professional assistance, and even use sanitizers and disinfectants to reach some embedded toxins. However, for a true deep-cleaning and the effective elimination of deeper-level contaminants, you’ll need professional cleaning services. Steve’s Carpet Care can thoroughly clean the entirety of your home including your HVAC systems using the process described above. With a highly-contagious virus speading rapidly throughout the nation, there’s no better time to ensure that the air circulating in your home is entirely free of germs, viruses and all other unwanted contaminants.
How Are Your Technicians Protecting Themselves From Coronavirus?
In these days of social distancing, we understand that you may be wary of unknown individuals entering your home – even highly-trusted, IIRC-certified technicians like ours. If COVID-19 poses a high risk to you or a loved one, it’s essential to restrict your contact with the outside world and individuals who may not be protecting themselves from contracting the contagious virus. Steve’s Carpet Care is devoted to reducing the spread of COVID-19 through our deep-cleaning measures, and by ensuring that technicians take every precaution to prevent themselves from catching coronavirus. We require our employees to strictly adhere to certain C.D.C.-recommended safety guidelines, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Our technicians maintain a distance of at least six feet from every customer at all times. We encourage customers to leave the room while we enact our deep-cleaning measures to maximize the physical distance between the Steve’s Carpet Care family and your own.
- Our technicians are required to wear booties and gloves for the duration of their time in your home. The C.D.C. has advised against the use of masks for anyone who isn’t exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus. Because masks are scarce, this recommendation helps to ensure that those who need masks (like those afflicted with the virus and health care providers) are able to maintain access to them. However, we’ll require our technicians to wear a mask for the length of their time in your home upon your request, to help us guarantee your comfort and safety.
- Our technicians are frequently and thoroughly disinfecting our machines with professional-grade disinfectants, all of which are EPA-approved.
- Every member of the Steve’s Carpet Care team is closely following the C.D.C.-recommended guidelines for handwashing, hand-sanitizing and other hygiene practices.
At Steve’s Carpet Care, we understand the widespread hardships the COVID-19 pandemic has caused to individuals and families around the world. We pride ourselves in doing everything we can to protect members of our community from the effects of coronavirus. If you have any questions about the services we provide, or would like to request further information about our company, don’t hesitate to contact us. In these uncertain times, we hope to put your mind at ease with the assurance that your home has been thoroughly sanitized, helping to ensure the safety of your loved ones.