Louisville sits between Broomfield to the Southeast and Boulder to the Northwest. It’s a popular bedroom community for professionals who work in Denver. The town of Louisville can trace its origins to the opening of the Welch Mine 1877. The Welch Mine was the first substantial coal mine in what eventually became known as the Northern Coal Field of Colorado.
The town of Louisville is named after Louis Nawatny who had accumulated a great deal of land in the area then platted it and created a town which he named after himself. In 1882 the town was formally incorporated. Within two decades of the founding of Louisville the Northern Coal Field, including Louisville, was playing host to dozens of coal mines, although many mines opened and closed in rapid succession. In 1907 alone there were a dozen mines in operation within Louisville itself with the Acme mine eventually extracting more than 2 million tons of coal from under the town center.
Beginning in 1910, labor strife rocked the coal fields and often spilled over into the town. Local legends say that tunnels were built to connect the various saloons in town and make it safe for men to move between them. Although, like many legends, this particular one is difficult to confirm. Eventually, labor peace was restored but over the following decades the coal became less and less economical to extract and the last mines in the area closed during the 1950s.
For some towns the loss of a major industry would have spelled the end. But for Louisville it was just the beginning. With the advent of the Interstate Highway system came scores of people seeking a better life in the wide open spaces of Colorado and Louisville became a go-to destination. In the 50 years prior to 1970 the population of the town remained essentially stagnant. Since 1970 however, the population has grown tenfold. From around 2,000 to some 20,000 residents in 2016. Today, Louisville is regularly singled out as one of the 100 best places to live in the United States.
Why Louisville Residents Need First Class Carpet Care
Whether you live in one of the historic bungalows on Jefferson Avenue or are putting the finishing touches on your dream home on Trail Ridge Drive in the hills to the west you’re going to need first class carpet care and related services to keep your home beautiful and healthy. This part of Colorado has some of the most breathtaking vistas in the US. The foothills of the Rockies are just minutes away to the west and to the east stretches the endless horizon of the Colorado plateau. It’s no exaggeration to say that the outdoors is an integral part of the Colorado experience.
But the great outdoors also means huge dust storms sweeping in from the east, Chinook winds barreling down the eastern slopes of the Rockies, clouds of pollen in the spring, all too frequent flooding and dirt, dirt and more dirt. All that dirt, dust, pollen and more stealthily but steadily makes its way into your home and settles into your carpets and area rugs. It also works its way into upholstery, bedding and more. The result is allergies, asthma and respiratory ailments as well as a generally grimy feel to everything.
Enlisting the highly trained professionals from Steve’s Carpet Care to clean and maintain your carpeting will ensure:
- Your carpets don’t become a breeding ground for all manner of microbes.
- You prevent your loved ones from developing respiratory conditions related to bacteria in the carpet.
- You prolong the life of your carpeting and enhance the value of your home.
- Pet hair, pet dander and other allergens aren’t allowed to accumulate in the carpeting.
- Any unpleasant odors associated with messes left by your pet are eliminated.
The Importance of Duct Cleaning
Of course maintaining a healthy attractive home interior requires more than simply cleaning the carpets, (although that’s certainly a good place to start). You also need to ensure that all the dust, dirt and debris from the great outdoors doesn’t wind up getting trapped in your air ducts and recycled throughout the house via the HVAC system. Many homeowners dismiss the importance of keeping their air ducts clean. But they shouldn’t. The ductwork is how a home breathes. If the ducts are clogged with pollen, mold spores, pet hair, prairie dust and more the environment inside you house can actually become less healthy than the outdoors. Don’t let that happen. Having your ducts cleaned can help ensure a health environment for everyone while also ensuring your HVAC system is running at optimal efficiency.
Additional Services from Steve’s
For more than 42 years we’ve been helping the people of Louisville keep their homes in tip-top shape by offering peerless carpet cleaning, duct cleaning and related services, such as:
- Dryer Vent Cleaning - Clogged dryer vents are silent killers that cause in excess of 15,000 house fires in the US every single year. The truly sad part about that statistic is that virtually all of them could be prevented by timely dryer vent cleaning. We understand that it is easy to lose track of the state of your dryer vent. Which is why we recommend you have us in for regularly scheduled cleanings. This way the vent never has a chance to become clogged and cause problems that could devastate your family. By keeping your dryer vent clear you’ll be making your home safer for everyone who lives or visits there. Keeping the vent clean will also reduce stress on your dryer and help prolong its life.
- Furniture and Upholstery Steam Cleaning - Just as dust, dirt, microbes, pet hair and more can accumulate in your carpeting they will also take refuge in your upholstery and the cracks and crevices of your furniture. Failing to keep the upholstery clean can create respiratory problems the equal of anything a dirty carpet will instigate. In addition, allergens and other irritants in the upholstery can cause skin rashes and aggravate conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Water Damage Repair - Back in 2013 the area experienced the worst flooding in decades. And because so much of Colorado has been recently developed the damage caused by the flooding was more widespread than anything that had come before. Being residents and homeowners ourselves we became acutely aware of the need for services that would help our friends and neighbors recover in the wake of such natural disasters. So today we offer water damage repair services for floors, furniture and more. We also engage in the distribution of critical supplies, albeit on a modest scale.
Give Us a Call
Louisville is justly proud of its reputation for being one of the best places in the US to live and raise a family. The folks here take great pride in the way their homes look both inside and out. It’s our privilege to offer them our full range of carpet cleaning, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and more at competitive prices that will fit any budget. At Steve's Carpet Care, we always put the best interests of our customers first and treat every job as if it’s the most important one we’ve ever done. Because it is. Give us a call at (303) 530-4900 to find out more or to schedule an appointment for any of our services.