The HVAC ducts in your home perform a vital function, transporting cool air around your home in the summer months and warm air in the wintertime. As they are largely out of sight, it is very easy to forget about them when everything is working as it should but there are a number of reasons you should consider having them cleaned on a regular basis. In this article, we are going to take a look at the main benefits of regular air duct cleaning and consider the potential problems that may occur if you neglect to have this task performed as often as is necessary. As our team also provides a professional dryer vent cleaning service in the area, we will also touch upon the benefits of carrying out this important maintenance task on a regular basis too.
How Regular Air Duct Cleaning Can Benefit You
The cost of having your HVAC ducting cleaned, along with your dryer vent, is probably much lower than you think. The very reasonable cost, along with the many benefits you stand to enjoy, make it a maintenance task that is well worth investing in every couple of years, or as and when necessary.
- Cleaner Air in Your Home – Probably the most noticeable benefit is the improvement in the quality of the air that is circulating around your home. You may not notice it as it drops over time but once the dust and dirt has been cleaned from your ducts, you will enjoy noticeably cleaner air whenever you are home. There are several related benefits that derive from this cleaner air, which we note below, but simply knowing that you can enjoy clean, fresh air whenever you are at home is one of the most important benefits as far as our clients are concerned.
- Significant Reduction in Allergens – The dust in your air ducts often contains potentially harmful allergens, including bacteria, mold, pollen and pet dander. These allergens can make life very unpleasant for anyone in your household that happens to suffer from a respiratory condition such as asthma. Once your ducts have been professional cleaned, the whole family will, quite literally, be able to breathe easier. The negative health effects of living in a home where a large quantity of allergens are present in the air are numerous and should not be dismissed lightly.
- Elimination of Unwanted Odors – One very unpleasant symptom associated with HVAC ducts that have not been cleaned for a long time is the presence of nasty odors in the home. If you have been wondering why your home always smells funny, no matter how often you clean and vacuum, the ducts are the most likely culprit. A professional air duct cleaning team will be able to eliminate all unpleasant odors emanating from your HVAC system, leaving your home smelling fresh and clean.
- Increased Air Flow – Ducts that are particularly dirty will not be as efficient as they should be. A build-up of dust and debris in your HVAC ducts can seriously reduce air flow over time, resulting in higher heating and cooling bills and unnecessary stress on your furnace and air conditioning equipment. Once a professional duct and vent cleaning team has completed their work in your home, you can look forward to lower energy bills and a longer lifespan for your domestic HVAC equipment. It may not seem like a significant difference when you look at a single month’s energy costs but if you consider the reduced cost over a period of years, you will quickly realize that regular duct cleaning could save you a substantial amount of money.
- Discovery and Elimination of Pests – Dirty air ducts often play host to household pests such as mice and rats, which is another very good reason to have them cleaned on a regular basis. A reputable firm that provides expert air duct and vent cleaning services will be able to pinpoint and deal with any pest infestations that may be present in your home. If you hear strange sounds coming from your ducts, which you think may indicate the presence of pests, do not hesitate to call your local experts, regardless of how long it has been since you last had them cleaned. Pests in your HVAC ducts can be detrimental to the health of all members of your household and may cause significant damage to your home over time so it is essential to deal with them at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
As mentioned earlier, we provide professional vent cleaning services in addition to our regular HVAC duct cleaning services and there are several very good reasons to take advantage of this service.
- Removing a Fire Hazard – The lint that builds up in your dryer vent can represent a serious fire hazard if it is not cleared out on a regular basis.
- Faster Drying Times – If your dryer vent is not cleaned regularly, the lint inside will start to restrict the airflow, causing your dryer to become less efficient. The resulting longer drying times could be both inconvenient and costly to you and your family.
- Protecting Your Dryer – By allowing your dryer to work at maximum efficiency, you will put less strain on it and be able to use it for longer before replacing it than would otherwise be the case.
If you have any questions about our air duct and dryer vent cleaning services in Denver and the surrounding area, feel free to get in touch with us at any time.