If you’re like most people it took you years of hard work and dedication to gather together the resources and build the credit history necessary to buy your home. That home is likely to be the largest single investment you ever make so it doesn’t make any sense to let it slide into disrepair once you settle in. You’ll want to make sure the roof is always in prime condition, that the windows are airtight and energy efficient, that your insulation is working for you and not against you and that your ducts are always properly cleaned. “What’s that” you say “the ducts?” Yes, the ducts. Below we’re going to look at 6 good reasons why you need to call Steve’s for residential air duct cleaning today.
Proper Cardiovascular Care for Your Home
You may not have given it much thought but the fact is the HVAC system is your home’s equivalent of your own body’s cardiovascular system. Think about it: it circulates life sustaining air through your home, removes pollutants from circulation, ensures the home is always at a steady, agreeable temperature and if the pump at the center of the system breaks down, well, it’s time to call the HVAC doctor, and fast. The air ducts are the arteries of this system and if they get clogged you can expect trouble, just as you would if your own arteries became clogged.
Now that we have the big picture sketched in, let’s look at 6 specific reasons why homeowners need to engage in regular residential air duct cleaning.
- Reduced threat of allergies - Most folks aren’t aware that the allergies that plague them often have their origins in the dirty air ducts in their home. Your house does not exist in a vacuum. It is constantly being bombarded by pollen, mold spores and airborne bacteria from without and pet dander, dust, dust mites, mold and mildew from within. If your ducts are not cleaned on a regular basis all these allergens and more will take up residence inside them and wind up circulating through your house like it’s their own private amusement park ride. The result? Sniffles, sneezing, irritated eyes, headaches, respiratory distress, asthma, trouble sleeping and more. Regular residential air duct cleaning can eliminate nearly all of these circulating allergens.
- Less chance of dangerous molds - In recent years the problem of environmental molds has come to the fore. The danger was driven home when it was revealed that medical professionals believe mold played a part in the deaths of actress Brittany Murphy and her husband. At the time of their passing the coroner determined both had died of pneumonia. But further analysis suggested their respiratory problems were actually the result of mold inside the home they shared. Having your air ducts professionally cleaned will help eliminate this very real threat.
- A better smelling home - In most cases foul odors build so slowly within the home that we’re practically oblivious to them. It’s not until visitors show up and begin making scrunchy faces and covering their noses that we’re aware something is up. Residential air duct cleaning is far and away the best method for preventing or eliminating that foul, musty odor from your house. You’ll likely be amazed at the difference a good duct -cleaning campaign can produce.
- Lower HVAC costs Having a bunch of dust, dirt, pet hair and more lining your air ducts creates friction and impedes the free flow of air through the house. This causes the entire system to work harder and consume more energy. You may have been mystified as to why your energy bills have risen as of late but if you can’t put your finger on any other cause there’s a good chance that dirty ducts have something to do with it.
- More efficient performance - Dirty ducts not only cause spikes in your energy bills, they also impede the efficient operation of your HVAC system. Today’s heating and ventilation systems are high-tech constructs that bear little resemblance to the heating system your grandparents knew. Every aspect of the modern HVAC system is finely tuned to operate within very specific parameters. And if something gets in the way or throws the system off just a little efficiency goes out the window and waste and repair calls become your reality.
- A more valuable home - Keeping your ducts free by enlisting Steve’s to provide residential air duct cleaning will not only result in a more efficient system, a healthier environment and lower energy bills it will also result in a more valuable home. That’s because a home with proper air circulation is able to more easily maintain an agreeable interior environment and that helps extend the life of the home’s wood framing, wiring, insulation, carpeting, wallpaper and other elements. In the long run you’ll be saddled with lower repair and maintenance costs too. In addition, an HVAC system that is in prime working order will also enhance the real world market value of your house.
The Bottom Line
Residential air duct cleaning is not the be-all end-all of home maintenance but it will help you stave off numerous short and long term problems, create a healthier environment for family and friends and help you protect the market value of your single biggest investment. Call us today at (303) 530-4900 to learn more about the many advantages of residential air duct cleaning. Your house deserves it.