Selling your home is a big deal. You need to make sure your house doesn’t linger on the market because that will affect its value. The best way to ensure your house will get the attention it needs and deserves it to make sure it looks its best before the “for sale” sign goes up in the front yard. There are a lot of ways to spruce up the house before opening the door to potential buyers including repainting, cleaning up the yard, making sure all light fixtures and switches work, unclogging any slow drains, fixing any broken windows, decluttering and of course, cleaning the carpets.
How Professional Carpet Cleaning Can Help Sell Your Home
Now, when we say “cleaning the carpets” we don’t mean passing a vacuum over them a couple of times and sprinkling some baking soda on them. We mean calling the pros at Steve’s Carpet Care and having them do a proper cleaning using their truck mounted steam cleaning machine. We’ll get into every fiber of your carpet and return it to pristine condition so that when the buyers start filtering through you’ll be ready for them. Here are 5 good reasons to have professional carpet cleaning by Steve’s before offering your house for sale:
- Carpeting is The Great Indicator- At no time is it more important for your home to look great than when you’re selling it. Unless you’re marketing your house as a fixer-upper you need to make people want to live there. If you’ve got carpeting in your house people are going to notice it the minute they walk in the door. It’s going to draw their eye downward and the first thing they’re going to do is look for stains or other signs that indicate the carpet has not been well-maintained. They take is as an indication of how you’ve treated the house as a whole. If the carpeting looks dirty and neglected who knows what else you’ve neglected? Buyers could be turned off to the entire house before they get through the living room.
- You Can’t Smell it But They Can - Carpet odors have a habit of sneaking up on homeowners. They develop so slowly over so much time that you don’t even know they’re there. Even friends and neighbors who come to your house often aren’t aware of the odors that can arise from carpets that haven’t been properly cleaned in a long time. But be sure of one thing: Anyone stepping into the house for the first time will notice. They may not say anything out of politeness to you, but they’ll notice. And it will color their entire perception of your home. The smartest thing to do is to assume your carpets smell and get them thoroughly cleaned before opening the door to potential buyers.
- The Health of Your Potential Buyers - Carpets are magnets for bacteria, viruses, mold spores and more. These nasty microbes can live in your carpet for months at a time after being brought in on your shoes. Some of these microorganisms are potentially dangerous, others will just get people sneezing and wheezing. The last thing you want is for someone to break out in a sneezing fit or to have an asthma attack when they walk into your house because the carpet is full of dust mites, mold or worse. If you’re in Broomfield or one of the surrounding towns do an internet search for “carpet cleaning near me” and then click on the link for Steve’s Carpet Care. We’ll get rid of dangerous microbes for you.
- Sets the Buyer’s Mind at Ease - Some people don’t mind a fixer-upper. In fact, they want to put their stamp on the house and seek opportunities to do so. Most home buyers however, want to move in and get on with their lives. They’re not looking to knock down walls or remodel the kitchen or pull up carpeting. They want to close the deal and move in. Dirty carpets tell a potential buyer that there’s work to do on this house. And that is going to turn off more people than it turns on. That’s just the way it is. So if you want your house to sell quickly and for a good price call the professional carpet cleaning experts from Steve’s.
- Value - You may believe that your house is worth X. But if the carpets are dirty you’re going to have a hard time convincing anyone else to agree with you. Smart homebuyers approach every property with a skeptical eye. They look for things that are going to cost them money. They look for things that may represent safety or health hazards. And they look for signs that the house as a whole may not have been well taken care of. Dirty carpets can indicate all those things and can cause an otherwise enthusiastic potential buyer to slash the offer they would have made if the carpeting was clean and in good shape.
The Bottom Line
If you’re about to sell your home in Broomfield or the surrounding area and you’re wondering “Where can I find first-class carpet cleaning near me?” call Steve’s Carpet Care at (303) 530-4900. We’ve been in business for more than 42 years and in that time we’ve helped scores of homeowners achieve a better selling price for their home by turning their old, dreary carpets into bold, beautiful carpeting with our truck mounted steam cleaning system.