Spring is right around the corner and with it comes the time honored tradition of spring cleaning. Let’s face it, being cooped up all winter can be rough on your house. And perhaps no component of the modern home suffers more during the winter than the carpeting. While snow looks idyllic and clean when it first falls it soon becomes soiled with pollutants from the air. Not only that but the slush and mud created by melting snow is carried into the house leaving big dirty patches on the hardwood and being ground into the carpeting where it becomes devilishly difficult to remove. That’s why Steve’s carpet cleaning services should be an integral part of your spring cleaning ritual.
Expert Spring Carpet Cleaning from Steve’s
Springtime will be here before you know it. The last of the snow will melt away and flowers will start pushing up out of the ground. Time to put the winter clothes back into storage and open the windows to let some fresh air in. It’s also time to get busy cleaning. That includes everything from kitchen countertops that likely still have some crumbs from Christmas cookies lurking in the corners, to the window treatments that have collected pet hair, human hair, fireplace odors and more during their long winter months of service. And, of course, the carpeting.
The reasons to enlist Steve’s professional carpet cleaning services in the springtime are many and include:
- Improved Air Quality - The effect of having the windows sealed shut all winter is that the air inside your home can become stale, to be kind about it. A lot of things in the home soak up odors and contribute to the stale atmosphere including drapery, upholstery, bedding and carpeting. Once the weather warms up a bit just opening the windows isn’t going to rid your home of the musty odors. You need to clean the upholstery and drapes, send the comforters to the dry cleaners and have the pros from Steve’s carpet cleaning service in to work on the carpets. After we finish you’ll notice a significant difference in how fresh and clean the air in your house smells.
- The Elimination of Allergens - During the long winter months dirt and mud are not the only things that accumulate in the carpeting. Pet dander, pet hair, human hair and dust mites also proliferate. These and other allergens build up in the carpeting as the long cold winter months crawl by and, come April, have pretty much turned the carpeting into their personal playground. This can have a significant impact on the health of everyone in the home. For those who suffer from allergies and/or asthma it can be an almost daily nightmare. And even those with no history of either can begin to develop unpleasant respiratory issues. Cleaning the upholstery, drapes and carpeting can eliminate most of the offending materials and return your home to a place of health and comfort.
- Holiday Stain Removal - Holiday festivities are one of the few bright spots of the winter months. Family and friends get together to reaffirm bonds, reflect on the year just past and make plans for the year to come. Yes, holiday celebrations often provide some of our best memories but they can also be messy affairs. Kids being kids they tend to spill drinks at an alarming rate. But adults often aren’t far behind in this regard. Especially if someone has had a bit too much holiday punch. Once the weather warms up and it’s time for spring cleaning the pros from Steve’s carpet cleaning can remove the holiday stains and get the carpet ready to face the joys of summer.
- Color and Texture Restoration - Besides the practical benefits of spring cleaning your carpets there are also myriad aesthetic benefits involved. The pros from Steve’s carpet cleaning services will restore the natural color to your carpeting and allow any patterns to shine through the way they were intended to. Our truck mounted steam cleaning machine digs deep into the fabric of the carpet, removing stubborn, ground in dirt and restoring the natural texture of the fibers in the process. Your carpeting will feel spectacular underfoot and remind you what you loved about it in the first place.
- Value Restoration - If you have wall to wall carpeting in your home having it restored to a pristine state by the highly trained pros from Steve’s Carpet Care will not only make it look and feel better, it will also help protect the overall value of your home. And in some cases even provide a slight bump to your home’s valuation. Your home is the largest single investment you are likely to ever make. Allowing important components like the carpeting to fall into disrepair will have a real-world effect on its market value. Bringing in Steve’s carpet cleaning at the end of winter to restore your carpets is a smart, cost-effective way to ensure the continued value of the entire house.
The Bottom Line
You can clean the upholstery, refinish the hardwood floors, touch up the grout on the kitchen tiles and vacuum to your heart’s content. But if you don’t bring in the carpet cleaning pros as well your spring cleaning is incomplete. Call Steve’s Carpet Care at (303) 530-4900 to arrange spring carpet cleaning for your home and enjoy all the benefits our 42+ years of experience can provide.