No matter how much we may love our furry friends, there is no denying that when it comes to keeping carpets clean and fresh, pet hair can present some difficult challenges: challenges that we are going to tell you how to overcome in this short guide. Today, our Boulder carpet cleaning professionals share their top tips for dealing with pet hair in carpeting. But first, we’re going to take a look at the reasons pet hair is so difficult to control in the first place.
Pet Hair Carpet Cleaning Challenges
As professional carpet cleaning specialists, we know more than most just how difficult it can be to keep your carpeting clean when you have a heavily molting pet in the house. Pet hair presents homeowners with several tough challenges, all of which need to be overcome if you are to be able to keep your carpeting fresh and clean in the long term:
- Static Electricity – Both the fibers in your carpets and the hairs that your pets shed are capable of holding a static charge. When charged, they will tend to attract each other, producing an adhesive bond that can be quite difficult to break.
- Camouflage – If, as an example, you have a white-haired dog and a white carpet, you are going to have a hard time trying to identify trouble spots as far as pet hair on your carpets is concerned. This will make it difficult for you to stay on top of the problem because the natural camouflage your carpeting provides will make visual pet hair inspections almost impossible.
- Volume – If you have a dog or cat that is continually molting, you’re likely to find the sheer volume of pet hair difficult to deal with. In such cases, weekly vacuuming may do little to stem the tide of hair that clogs your carpet fibers.
If you are determined to overcome these challenges, you can best do so by following the suggestions in the next section.
Dealing with Pet Hair: Tips from Our Superior Carpet Cleaning Experts
By employing some of the following methods, you can effectively deal with the problem that excessive pet hair poses, at least as far as your carpets are concerned:
- Daily Vacuuming – As one of the leading carpet cleaning companies in Superior, we would like as many residents as possible to use our professional cleaning services. However, we never underplay the value of regular vacuuming when it comes to keeping your carpets free of pet hair. A daily vacuum should always be your first line of defense in this particular war.
- DIY Steam Cleaning – It is possible to hire home steam cleaners for a relatively small outlay. Such machines use a combination of super-heated water and cleaning solutions to remove more stubborn dirt and debris from carpet fibers, including pet hair. However, please bear in mind that while you are likely to experience some degree of success with DIY carpet shampooing solutions, they are not normally as effective as the solutions and industrial, truck-mounted steam cleaning machines that carpet cleaning companies use.
- Dry Carpet Cleaning – Dry or chemical carpet cleaning appeared to become a more popular choice after many of the people who tried the DIY steam carpet cleaner approach encountered difficulties with dampness (it can be very difficult to dry out your carpeting without the proper machinery that professional cleaning teams use). With chemical cleaning, this problem was avoided but, unfortunately, chemical cleaning only really cleans the surface of your carpets so it’s not the best solution. It can, however, be used as a quick and dirty solution when time is of the essence.
- Professional Carpet Cleaners – Whichever of the above methods you decide to try, we recommend supplementing them with an occasional visit from your local carpet cleaning specialists. Professionals such as ourselves can remove all types of pet hairs from carpets, using powerful, truck-mounted machines.
If you are looking for carpet cleaning services in Superior, CO, or the surrounding area, please do not hesitate to contact our team online or call and speak to us about your needs. You are also more than welcome to leave a message requesting a call back from one of our specialists if you prefer.