Published: Monday, 23 March 2020 05:33
The World Health Organization has officially deemed the outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19, an international pandemic. As of today, the highly contagious virus has tragically claimed the lives of more than 800 Americans and nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide - and both numbers are quickly rising. To slow the rapid spread of COVID-19, communities around the world have taken numerous approaches to limit person-to-person contact - including social distancing, widespread business closures, shelter-in-place orders, and even full-blown mandatory quarantines. While the virus unduly affects elderly and immunocompromised individuals, even those who are low-risk and symptom-free have taken major steps to minimize their likelihood of contracting the virus or unknowingly spreading it to others.
Steve’s Carpet Care is devoted to reducing the spread of coronavirus. Our professional cleaning services can help to eliminate contaminants from your home’s hard surfaces, upholstery, and air ducts to reduce your family’s risk of contracting COVID-19. Read more to learn why our methods are the most effective choice for disinfecting and sanitizing your home.
What Sets Our Method Apart From Surface-Level Cleaning?
All of the staff and technicians at Steve's Carpet Care are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
While surface-level cleaning can help to remove germs, it’s essential to understand that it does not eliminate viruses, bacteria, or fungi. Cleaning generally involves the use of soap and water to scrub dirt and debris from hard surfaces. While this approach can remove visible contaminants from the surfaces in your home, it won’t fully eliminate toxins. However, surface-level cleaning can be an effective precursor to deep cleaning methods such as sanitizing and disinfecting.
Steve’s Carpet Care uses the following three elements in our standard deep cleaning process:
- Wet Sprays - With the use of wet sprays, our cleaning technicians can coat entire surfaces in disinfectants and sanitizing solutions.
- Surface Wiping - Our technicians wait for approximately ten minutes before removing disinfectant solutions to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Fogging - We'll finalize the deep cleaning process by fogging areas of your home which may contain unwanted contaminants. This helps us to reach even the deepest crevices of your home’s interior, so you can rest assured that your home is truly, thoroughly clean. Steve’s Carpet Care uses non-toxic, environmentally friendly cleaning agents to protect your lungs and the environment from exposure to unwanted elements.
Can Deep Cleaning Help To Prevent COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control has emphasized that a clean, disinfected, and sanitized home can help to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A recent statement by the CDC explicitly recommends the use of “cleaning and disinfection in homes and facilities.”
Does Deep Cleaning Require Professionals?
Thankfully, you can clean surface-level contaminants in your home without professional assistance, and even use store-bought sanitizers and disinfectants to reduce toxins. However, for a true deep cleaning and the effective elimination of embedded contaminants, you’ll need professional cleaning services. Steve’s Carpet Care can thoroughly disinfect the entirety of your home - including your flooring, hard surfaces and HVAC systems. With COVID-19 spreading rapidly throughout the nation, there’s no better time to ensure that the air circulating in your home is free of germs, viruses, and all other unwanted contaminants.
How Are Your Technicians Protecting Themselves From Coronavirus?
In these days of social distancing, we understand that you may be wary of unknown individuals entering your home – even highly trusted, IICRC certified technicians like ours. If COVID-19 poses a high risk to you or a loved one, it’s essential to restrict your contact with the outside world and individuals who may not be protecting themselves from contracting the contagious virus. Steve’s Carpet Care is determined to combat COVID-19 through our deep cleaning measures, and by ensuring that our technicians take every precaution to protect themselves and others. We require our employees to strictly adhere to certain CDC-recommended safety guidelines, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Our technicians maintain a distance of at least six feet from every customer at all times. We encourage customers to leave the room while we enact our deep-cleaning measures to maximize the physical distance between the Steve’s Carpet Care family and your own.
- Our technicians are required to wear booties, gloves, and protective masks for the duration of their time in your home.
- Our technicians frequently and thoroughly sanitize all equipment with professional-grade, EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Every member of the Steve’s Carpet Care team is closely following the latest CDC-recommended guidelines for handwashing, hand sanitizing, and all other hygiene practices.
At Steve’s Carpet Care, we understand the widespread hardships the COVID-19 pandemic has caused to individuals and families around the world. We pride ourselves in doing everything we can to protect members of our community from the effects of coronavirus. If you have any questions about the services we provide, or you would like to request more information about our company, don’t hesitate to contact us. In these uncertain times, we hope to put your mind at ease with the assurance that your home has been thoroughly sanitized, helping to ensure the safety of your loved ones.